* Capital: Amman.
* Area of the country: 89 910 km 2.
* The country’s location: Jordan is located in southwest Asia, bordered by Syria to the north, and Saudi Arabia from the south,
Iraq and Palestine from the east and the west.
* Monetary Unit: Dinar.
* Referee: hereditary constitutional monarchy.
* Population: The population of Jordan in 1991 about 3.285 million people, density of about 36.9 inhabitants / km 2.
* Language: Arabic is the official language and English spread to the part, as the majority of ethnic minorities speak their own languages
Out in addition to Arabic.
* Religion: Islam is the official state religion, and Muslims constitute 96% of the total population, and influences of Islam in the lives of the people
A profound impact, and Oriental Christians Alortdhuks a majority of the Christian communities which also include the Romans
Catholics and Protestants.
* The most important cities:
– Oman and the number of population (1.573 million).
– Blue and the number of population (601 000).
– Irbid and the number of population (950.000).
– Balqa and the number of population (239 000).
– Karak and the number of population (163 000).
* International organizations to which they belong: the United Nations, the Arab League.
* Science: A four colors: black, white, and green and red colors of the flag inside the Arab and seven-star have been taken
These colors of the house of poetry as follows: white Snaiena Khadr Mrabena our black red Moadina
* The most important products:
– Agriculture: vegetables, citrus fruits, grapes, grains of all kinds, animals and all animal products.
– Mining and quarrying: rock phosphate, potash.
– Manufacturing: Cement, fertilizer, steel, feed, clothing, chemicals.
– Jordan dates back to several tribes inhabited this old country, and most important: the Moabites and Ammonites Alidomeon. Affected by this
Canaanite tribes tide of civilization in Palestine, Jordan, and then subjected to the rule of the Assyrian and Chaldean, Persian and even Roman
Arabs settled in the early Muslims, and still effects Romanian as well as in Jerash and the Roman amphitheater in Amman, and behind
Muslims have a lot of castles, palaces and other Islamic monuments.
– Ottomans took control of the Jordan during their crackdown on the Arab Middle East was is of particular interest to them as a pilgrimage route
Shami, as well as a land trade route Vdvawa funds many of the elders of the tribes inhabiting the area to secure
The pilgrimage route.
– Arab Kingdom was formed, led by Faisal Bin Al Hussein was in Syria in 1918 in the wake of the Great Arab Revolt. In
Hired his brother, Faisal bin Hussein to avert this danger, and promised that will be discussed Arab issues later.
– Arrived in 1921, Prince Abdullah Bin Al-Hussein in Amman, and handed the reins of power in Jordan and met with the Minister Churchill
British colonies and Herbert Samuel, British High Commissioner in Palestine and led to the protest for the recognition of
Britain’s Prince Abdullah Bin Al Hussein, Emir of Transjordan.
– In September 1922 and approved by the League of Nations on the east of the Jordan appended to the authority of the Mandate for Palestine In
Bin Al Hussein constitutional monarch to the Kingdom of Jordan to be genetically his sons after him.
– In 1951, Prince Abdullah was killed and succeeded by his son Talal, who lasted only three months of his reign, and was succeeded by his eldest son Hussein,
In 1958, the country’s independence from any final rule or foreign dependency, Jordan has enjoyed political stability and has
Many positive developments at all levels. It was King Hussein’s active role in the peace process in the Arab region. Offered
League of Arab States government project to establish a Palestinian Arab areas occupied by the Arab armies, but the Government of Jordan
Opposed to this project with all determination, as opposed to the Arab League proposal to amend the city of Jerusalem, a project was approved by the United
Nations and the star for this war to an emergency Jordan has sought to remove it by all means ..
– King Hussein and sought a peaceful solution, especially after the war of October 1973 and the adoption of the draft peace swap Jordan participated in the Conference
Madrid in 1990, has reached with Israel after talks in the United States of America to the declaration and agreement, resulting in a final
Declaration of Principles in 1993.
– After he died, King Hussein bin Talal, 1999, he was the young son Abdullah Bin Al Hussein came to power, and began to find his way in
The midst of world politics