40 USC Sec. 6731 01/03/2012 (112-90)

40 USC Sec. 6731 01/03/2012 (112-90)

-EXPCITE-

TITLE 40 – PUBLIC BUILDINGS, PROPERTY, AND WORKS

SUBTITLE II – PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND WORKS

PART C – FEDERAL BUILDING COMPLEXES

CHAPTER 67 – PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE DEVELOPMENT

SUBCHAPTER III – FEDERAL TRIANGLE DEVELOPMENT

-HEAD-

Sec. 6731. Definitions

-STATUTE-

In this subchapter –

(1) Federal triangle development area. – The term “Federal

Triangle development area” means the area bounded as follows:

Beginning at a point on the southwest corner of the

intersection of Fourteenth Street and Pennsylvania Avenue

(formerly E Street), Northwest;

thence south along the western side of Fourteenth Street to

the northwest corner of the intersection of Fourteenth Street

and Constitution Avenue, Northwest;

thence east along the northern side of Constitution Avenue to

the northeast corner of the intersection of Twelfth Street and

Constitution Avenue, Northwest;

thence north along the eastern side of Twelfth Street and

Constitution Avenue, Northwest;

thence north along the eastern side of Twelfth Street to the

southeast corner of the intersection of Twelfth Street and

Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest;

thence west along the southern side of Pennsylvania Avenue to

the point of beginning.

(2) Federal triangle property. – The term “Federal Triangle

property” means –

(A) the property owned by the Federal Government in the

District of Columbia, known as the “Great Plaza” site, which

consists of squares 256, 257, 258, parts of squares 259 and

260, and adjacent closed rights-of-way as shown on plate IV of

the King Plats of 1803 located in the Office of the Surveyor of

the District of Columbia; and

(B) except for purposes of section 6733(a) of this title, any

property the Pennsylvania Avenue Development Corporation

acquired under section 3(b) of the Federal Triangle Development

Act (Public Law 100-113, 101 Stat. 736).

-SOURCE-

(Pub. L. 107-217, Aug. 21, 2002, 116 Stat. 1198.)

-MISC1-

HISTORICAL AND REVISION NOTES

——————————————————————–

Revised Source (U.S. Code) Source (Statutes at Large)

Section

——————————————————————–

6731 40:1109. Pub. L. 100-113, Sec. 10,

Aug. 21, 1987, 101 Stat. 747.

——————————————————————–

In this section, the text of 40:1109(1)-(3) is omitted as

unnecessary because the complete names of the Administrator of

General Services, International Cultural and Trade Center

Commission, and Pennsylvania Avenue Development Corporation are

used the first time the terms appear in a section.

In paragraph (1), the words “being the southwest corner of the

intersection of Fourteenth Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (formerly

E Street), Northwest” are omitted as unnecessary.

-REFTEXT-

REFERENCES IN TEXT

Section 3(b) of the Federal Triangle Development Act, referred to

in par. (2)(B), was classified to section 1102(b) of former Title

40, Public Buildings, Property, and Works, prior to repeal by Pub.

L. 107-217, Sec. 6(b), Aug. 21, 2002, 116 Stat. 1304.

-MISC2-

DESIGNATION OF DANIEL PATRICK MOYNIHAN PLACE

Pub. L. 106-567, title III, Sec. 310, Dec. 27, 2000, 114 Stat.

2841, designated as “Daniel Patrick Moynihan Place” a parcel of

land located in Woodrow Wilson Plaza in the northwest quadrant of

Washington, District of Columbia, directed the Administrator of

General Services to erect appropriate gateways or other markers to

denote that place, and provided that any reference in a law, map,

regulation, document, paper, or other record of the United States

to that parcel of land was to be deemed to be a reference to Daniel

Patrick Moynihan Place.

DESIGNATION OF WOODROW WILSON PLAZA

Pub. L. 103-284, Aug. 1, 1994, 108 Stat. 1448, provided: “That

the plaza to be constructed on the Federal Triangle property in

Washington, DC as part of the development of such site pursuant to

the Federal Triangle Development Act (Public Law 100-113) [now 40

U.S.C. 6731 et seq.] shall be known and designated as the ‘Woodrow

Wilson Plaza’.”

DESIGNATION OF ANDREW W. MELLON AUDITORIUM

Pub. L. 100-113, Sec. 9, Aug. 21, 1987, 101 Stat. 746, provided

that:

“(a) The Departmental Auditorium, located on the Federal Triangle

between the Custom Service building and Interstate Commerce

Commission building on Constitution Avenue, shall on and after

August 21, 1987, be known and designated as the ‘Andrew W. Mellon

Auditorium’.

“(b) Any reference in any law, regulation, document, record, map

or other paper of the United States to the auditorium referred to

in subsection (a) of this section is deemed to be a reference to

the ‘Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium’.”

اترك رد