Cyber crime Lawyers
What is Cybercrime in Jordan
Cybercrime in Jordan also called computer crime, the use of a computer as an instrument to further illegal ends, is criminal activity that committed via computers either targets or uses a computer, a computer network or a networked device. Hacking for the purposes of stealing financial or personal information is possibly one of the most well-known types of cybercrime, Cybercrime is progressing at an incredibly fast pace, with new trends constantly emerging. we will detail about What is Cybercrime lawyer in Jordan , and what he do ? and why you need Cybercrime lawyer in Jordan.
What is Cybercrime Lawyer in Jordan
In Jordan Cybercrime lawyer is the lawyer who practices the defending for the victims of the crimes which commuted via the computers or any electronic means.
Attorney Sami Alawad is an expert in information systems crime and cybercrime, and also holds a master’s degree in cybercrime. He has also defended in hundreds of specialized cyber cases. He also has a research paper on protecting databases and has many legal articles on cybersecurity.
Cybercrime has recently spread. In 2018, we dealt with 350 such cases by the attorney specializing in such crimes. All cases were successfully completed and we were able to obtain an immediate decision to confiscate all the perpetrator’s devices in addition to issuing decisions of imprisonment against the perpetrators. We can say that we have achieved this by grace of Allah, first, and grace of the Cybercrime Department, which deals with this type of crime with great professionalism.
Internet fraud is a type of cybercrime fraud or deception that use one or more network services (the Internet), such as chat rooms, e-mail, Internet forums, or websites, in order to send deceptive calls to potential victims on the network (Internet). Internet fraud usually aims to fraud users by defrauding their money (either by stealing their credit card numbers or by making them sending money orders or cheques) or forcing them to disclose personal information (for the purpose of espionage or impersonation or obtaining the account information of their sensitive positions).
The data fraudsters try to obtain:
- Email name and password of the user.
- Bank account data.
- Credit card data.
- Credit theft from mobile phone.
Famous cyber fraud means
- Sending an e-mail to the user’s mail to inform him of good news about winning a large amount of money via the lottery or any other means.
- Sending an e-mail by a girl or woman asking for help to withdraw her retention money in a bank or international funds.
- Sending an e-mail containing a false link that is supposed to direct the user to the website of the communication site or the site of the bank that uses it and asks to enter the login data. ## How can I protect myself from internet fraud?
How to avoid fraud:
- If a message comes from any person who asks you for your personal data such as your full name, date of birth, account number, credit card number, your identity data, or social security number, then do not reply to it
- In the event that a message arrives from the bank or financial site that you use and requests to send login data to the site, immediately contact the bank to inquire about the message.
- Do not use links in e-mail messages and type links manually in the web browser’s address bar.
- Verify that the antivirus program on your computer is blocking fraudulent sites. Most modern antivirus programs have this feature, so make sure to keep your antivirus program updated constantly.
- Report any message you suspect. Most e-mail websites provide the ability to report suspicious messages.
is a process of extortion and intimidates the victim by posting pictures or videos or leaking confidential information related to the victim, in exchange for paying funds or using the victim to carry out illegal activities in favor of (blackmailer), such as disclosing confidential information related to the business or other illegal acts
Electronic blackmail is one of the biggest risks facing users of the Internet and smart devices who do not have any knowledge about information security, electronic blackmail may lead to problems affecting the psychological of the person being blackmailed, especially in our societies and because of our customs and traditions.
With the rapid technological development reached by most of the countries of the Arab and Western world, it became possible for anyone at home to get what he wants, so with a click of a button we can browse hundreds of news websites and thousands of online stores, and many other social media that have become used by the young before the old. Hence, the internet problems began to increase, because some electronic gangs exploited these accounts and blackmail their owners to raise funds, and children are the big target group for these gangs.
Often the process begins by establishing a friendship with the target person, then moving to the stage of communication via Video conferencing programs. After that, the blackmailer lures the victim and records the conversation that contains offensive and obscene content which would scandalize the victim. Finally, he extorts and blackmails him by requesting to transfer funds or leaking confidential information. In some cases, the degree of blackmailing may amount to assigning orders that violate honor, customs and traditions, using the victim’s surrender and his ignorance of the methods known when dealing with such cases.
How to avoid being blackmailed
- Avoid accepting a friendship request from unknown people.
- Avoid responding to any conversation from an unknown source.
- Avoid sharing your personal information even with your friends in the Internet space (friends of correspondence).
- Decline the requests of holding video chats with anyone, unless you are close relations with them.
- Do not be attracted to attractive and seductive pictures, and make sure of the identity of the sender.
When you are blackmailed.
- Do not communicate with the blackmailer, even when you are under severe pressures.
- Do not transfer any funds or disclose the bank card number.
- Avoid altercations with the blackmailer and do not threat him to call the police, rather report the competent authorities directly when the accident occurs.
We offer free online legal consultation
Sami Alawad and associates law firm offers free legal advice about any matter related to Jordan laws , we are available to answer your call , to response to your messages or emails
contact us voice call or WhatsApp at +962797777743